Lundy General Stores caters for visitors who are staying on the island as well as residents and day visitors. In spite of its size, you will be pleasantly surprised by our wide range of groceries and souvenirs. As well as Lundy stamps and postcards, Letterboxing packs and camping essentials, we cater for every need with an excellent assortment of fresh and frozen foods, household goods and toiletries and beers, wines and spirits.
Our stock includes a good selection of vegetarian, vegan, gluten and dairy free items and we are always looking to improve our range. Where possible we stock local and free range products. Do not hesitate to call or email us if you are looking for a specific item - we will always try our utmost to provide it if we don't already. We are happy to advise you and answer any questions about our range and pride ourselves on our enthusiasm, friendly approach and customer service.
Most of Lundy’s properties are very close to the shop and we are open every day, although our hours do change. Please check the noticeboard outside the shop and in the Marisco Tavern for our opening times.
If you are part of a large party, require specific items or simply don't wish to carry your shopping back to the cottage, why not email us with an advance order and have your goods delivered to your door?
Email Lundy General Stores
Please include the name of your accommodation and the dates of your stay and ensure that your advance order reaches us an absolute minimum of 14 days before the first day of your stay to ensure we can prepare it in time. We are always happy to reply to email or phone enquiries about our stock or anything else you may be curious about, and love chatting to you and helping you prepare for your break.
Remember when ordering:
- Stocks are replenished every sailing or helicopter day – so no need to bring your own food. If you are on a special diet or have specific requirements, call or email us to see how we can help
- Where possible we try to source fresh, locally produced food, but due to the logistics of living on an island, this is not always possible
- We source a wide range of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as freshly made bakery items and dairy products; it may be more difficult for us to provide you with unusual or specialised dry goods as these are often ordered in bulk
- When ordering, make sure you include the name of your property, your name, your date of arrival and departure, email address and contact phone number
- Ensure your order reaches us at least a fortnight before the first day of your stay
- Please note that we do not refund unused items, so choose carefully. The General Stores opens every day and is only a short walk away from most properties if you need to pick up more supplies during your stay
- If you would prefer to post your order, please use the address below, but take into consideration extra posting time to Lundy
- If we have any queries about your order, we will contact you to discuss them
- Your shopping will be delivered to your property by 4pm on the day of your arrival, along with your luggage
Post: Lundy General Stores, Lundy Island, Bideford, Devon EX39 2LY
Telephone: 01237 431831 ext 291
Follow us on Facebook